Monday 1 November 2010

I am one of those..

I am one of the parents, I wish I wasn't but I am. I am one of those parents who stays up till past 11pm, waiting to complete a registration form for her son to attend preschool in the Lower Mainland.... next year!

See, I was wasting some time tonight, looking for housing where we want to move to, dreaming of things to do while we live there, the thought came to me, J Man could go to preschool. Sure enough, Google told me that there are a few preschools to choose from. So, after much research, a good hour or so... it became clear to me. I am now reentering the lifestyle and rush of life that we left almost 5 yrs ago.

I remember when our second was just born, people asking us about what preschool she was going to. I remember friends or ours searching for preschools and getting on wait lists that were YEARS long. On my search tonight, one preschool that looks good opens registration tonight at 10pm pacific time. The website says that if you register tonight you have a high chance of getting in the program that you want. So, we are staying up... watching the Cosby Show (that might need explaining later) and waiting till 11pm our time to register J Man. The good news is that there is no money commitment till the spring but they need you to register now to save a spot.

We have been joking about how when we move our Kimberley ways may have to change. Today I showered after lunch, put on comfy pants, a pajama shirt, let my hair air dry and put on no makeup. Paul made the comment to enjoy it now because when we move it may not be so acceptable to go around town in such attire!

There have been many lessons and our lives have changed so much since we have moved to Kimberley. Our priorities are different, our pace of life so different. I want to hold to those values that are important to us now and bring them with us to the fast paced world we are going back to.

Well, those are some things floating around in my head tonight. Half hour to go till registration. Compromise and holding fast, the balancing act begins.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I remember the "preschool" drama of the Lower Mainland... Hope he gets into the school you want. I admire parents who lose a little sleep for their kids!

    ReplyDelete