Saturday 2 July 2011

Canada Day

I can't think of a better way to spend Canada Day then how we did yesterday. We first got together with some great friends of ours from where we just moved from. We had lunch together, went to the beach where the kids got way too dirty and wet and shared lots of laughs. I didn't realize how much I missed them till we saw them again yesterday, and I think I miss them more now. I love friendships that no matter where you meet up again you fall back into that same comfortable state.

Then we decided to do something that we had never done with the kids before, watch fireworks over the ocean. It was an amazing night to watch them. We got there before the sun went down and got to watch the sky and water turn a beautiful golden pink.

IMGP7602

We waited and threw rocks into the water.

IMGP7625

We searched the skies for birds and bats.

IMGP7638

We had hot chocolate.

IMGP7656

We even brought my parents!

IMGP7684

Then the show began.

I must say that I have never photographed fireworks before. Before we left I frantically googled how to and got some advice on my ISO, shutter speed etc, but I determined without a tripod I might just have to wing it. So, this is what I captured. It is more abstract than I hoped but I still like the results. If any of you want some abstract art just let me know!

IMGP7756

IMGP7757

IMGP7759

IMGP7762

IMGP7761

IMGP7743

IMGP7771

IMGP7770

No comments:

Post a Comment