Thursday 30 August 2012

Gone Fishing

Yesterday we did something we have never done as a family before.

IMGP3312

We went fishing.

IMGP3318

We went to the local Trout Hatchery for a kids program that teaches the kids about fish, their conservation and all the skills needed to fish.

IMGP3320

Beaner's class went in the spring but B missed out on the fishing part as she needed to leave early. 

She waited many long months for this day and in fact was literally jumping up and down right before her chance to fish!

IMGP3325

It took some time and lots of patience, but finally Cici was the first Truman to reel in the first fish.

IMGP3332

Not long after Beaner finally saw her dreams fulfilled as she caught her first fish!

IMGP3345

I was thankful that my mom and my grandparents came along to help and watch. Was also thankful for our leader Erin who taught the kids and lead the group. She needed to do fish surgery many times on our fish who seemed rather greedy as they gobbled the hooks right down. She really showed great care for the fish and taught that to the kids as well. 

IMGP3355

Even my grandpa got in on the action and reeled in his very own fish too! Of course, he is the expert in this area! I remember my first times fishing as a kid was with him and him making me put my own worm on the hook. Still don't like doing it but it was fun to fish with him again and for him to fish with 4 generations at once!

IMGP3381

On one of the last casts of the day, this little man, who already had helped his daddy catch many fish, took the rod on his own. 

He looked so cute, I started snapping some pictures.

IMGP3389


Little did I know that I was about to witness my son catch his very first fish all on his own. He reeled it in for all of us to see!

IMGP3399

He was so proud.

IMGP3368


It was such a great day with great memories. I kinda forgot how enjoyable fishing is. Perhaps the Trumans will fish more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment