Saturday 24 October 2009

and the answer is......

Many of you were right! It was horseback riding.. although learning to rope calfs would have been fun too!

Paul meet a new pastor in Sparwood which is about and hour and a half from here. They are taking care of some property for a friend. So, they invited us to come and hang out with them, have dinner, soak in the hot tub and of course ride some horses! The girl's, especially Cici was soooo excited. The day was very cold and very windy but we braved the elements and headed out on some horses, well, when I say we, it was me and the girls a top and Paul walking! There wasn't room for J Man to join us so he stayed behind and watched his whole family leave on horseback. We think he will have some irrational fears of horses because of this! He was in good hands though, the family has 2 teenage girls and then a 3 and 2 year old. Beaner wanted to "go fast" so I began to trot the horse and her giggles were so contagious and she couldn't stop. She was bouncing around like a ragdoll in front of me and I tested my riding skills keeping the horse in control and her from falling off! Cici rode on her own at first will Paul holding the lead, then she took a turn doubling with me and we had great fun. Even J Man got in on some horse action and him and I did a few circles, I don't know if he liked it, by that time he had been crying for quite sometime, so I think he was just happy to be with me, even if it was on a horse!
It was a great time, riding, hot tubing, making new friends. The girl's are eager to go back and I really miss riding, so perhaps another ride will be in our future soon!





1 comment:

  1. Looks like sooooooooo much fun!!! If only there had been a calf...

    ReplyDelete