Monday 12 July 2010

Not My Child Monday


I am hiding from my kids right now. I need this every once and a while. To hide from them. It has been a long day of kid fighting, whining, and bad attitudes. My patience has been maxed out so I am hiding so I don't say anything I will regret! Looking back on this week though we have had some fun times. Fort Steele twice, library twice, playing outside lots, reading lots, laughing lots. It helps to put it into perspective when I am at my end.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to let you know all the things my kids Did Not Do this week, they are angels you know. They NEVER do anything embarrassing to me.

J Man this week, when we had a house full of guests over for dinner, Did Not poop outside on our front walkway for all our guests to see. I must mention here that he was 'bare under there' again... you'd think I would have learned my lesson! His accident Did Not fall down his leg and out his shorts to the ground. Paul then Did Not have to hose the walkway down while I gave J Man a bath. Not my kid, our kids would NEVER do that!

My kids would Never be allowed to watch Wipeout, you know that show where crazy adults go through a crazy obstacle course designed to make them wipeout. They would NEVER find it so funny that they would laugh out loud at people falling. My son would NOT see a women, call her Mama, then watch as Mama wipes-out and laugh really hard. My kids don't watch such awful shows and would NEVER laugh at another human being's expense.

Beaner at her tender age of 5 would NEVER be so versed in animal anatomy that when she saw a baby horse today at Fort Steele exclaim loudly that "It's a boy, not a girl, see it has a penis!" She then would NOT then check every other animal we came across and tell us the gender of each animal.

My kids know the rules, they live by the rules and NEVER break the rules. So, Cici would never be so daring as to jump from her dresser on to her bed in one flying leap. She would NEVER than repeat it and then help her brother onto her bed so he could try. I was glad NOT to have walked in on these events that didn't happen and stop them right away!

I feel better. This has been therapeutic for me. I love my kids, they aren't perfect, just as I am not. So, I feel that I can show my face again, head downstairs and help with dinner. Ahhhh, I needed this!

No comments:

Post a Comment