Monday 29 August 2011

I love Fall

I think Fall is truly one of my favourite seasons. I love everything about it and I think I am going to enjoy it so much more this year. See, when we lived in the mountains, Fall was amazing... amazing but quick. Usually by Oct it was already below zero and snow was on it's way. Now that we live on the Coast, Fall is a dragged out season, lasting well into even Nov. Yesterday we were in the pool here at our house, feeling hot and staying in the shade. Today though we got a glimpse of Fall. It was cool and cloudy, perfect sweater wearing weather. Our adventures today fit so well with the weather. We went down to the river and threw orange and yellow leaves into the water and raced them down the river. Then we watched a movie being filmed (well maybe not so Fallish but fun still!). We stopped for cookies and warm berry crisp made with fresh cranberries grown right here. Some Warming Soul tea and several games of Backgammon when we got home, then my baker husband whipped up dozens and dozens of warm oatmeal choc chip cookies that we enjoyed with milk for bedtime snack. We are now rounding out our day with cuddling on the couch in warm pj's. I am looking forward to what Fall will be like here, trips to the Apple Barn, the Corn Maze, making lots of apple crisp, drinking lots of tea and eating lots of soup and Guiness Pie. I am ready for Fall's fun, it's warm days and cool nights and sharing a snowless Fall with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment