Thursday 28 May 2009

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep....


Ok, you might think that there is only one child in our family with these last few posts but sometimes one child goes through some huge stages very quickly.  Last night J Man slept in a big bed.  Not only did he sleep there, but he stayed there, and even waited for us to get him out in the morning!  I must say I was a little surprised, of all 3 kids who moved to a big bed he is the youngest (12 months), the others were 15-18 months.  My thought has been, move them before they know that they can get out.  Not to say that Jude won't try this trick, but with one night under our belts I am hopeful that he will follow the pattern the other kids have set with staying in bed!  I must say though that it isn't a real big bed, it is just a twin mattress on the floor with a rail so he won't roll out.  Once he masters this for a while then perhaps we will add a box spring and see how it goes.  This all started yesterday when we were given a free twin bed and a free futon.  The futon is in our room acting as a couch for now, but when little ones are sick they have a nice place in our room to crash instead of the floor.  So, with the twin bed we thought, it will be for Jude someday, why not try it now and if it doesn't work, the crib is still in his room.  So, before I move the crib I think I want to have a full week of success.  

I said that I'd update on the girls field trips.  They went very well!  Beaner loved the walk to the pond and when we saw her marching back with her class she was hand in hand  with her best friend!  Cici loved her trip and enjoyed being on the bus, and with friends.  She took her camera and took close to 60 pictures of friends, birds, eggs, friends, friends...  She was soooo tired though when she got home and still this morning was so tired.  

So, today is going to be warm, I dare say warm enough to bring out the pool!  Today is also the day to finish rearranging our room so the futon will fit!  Enjoy your day, and hopefully there is a pool in your future too!

1 comment:

  1. the little guy has stopped being little - even nana doesn't stay in her bed at night!

    ReplyDelete