Saturday 16 May 2009

Quietness

I love Saturdays like this.  Lazy, warm, quiet, restful.  The girl's are outside right now playing .  Jude is sleeping, there is a light breeze blowing, the sun comes and goes as clouds move across it.  We live in a very peaceful and quiet place.  Our friend Leanne slept over last night as she had to come to town to do some things for her renters here.  It was great to see her again and as we talked about 2 trips that she just had, the confirmation that I love quiet places remains.  She recently travelled to Scotland to visit friends.  She ate cheese fresh from the cheese mongur(?), attended Easter Sunday service in a 12th century old church, and was warmly welcomed by a community where her friend works, of able bodied and disabled people living life together.  She painted a wonderful picture and expressed such joy and peace in that experience.  No longer than a week of coming back she headed to Las Vegas.  The lights, noise, money,  and consumerism was overwhelming.  She went and saw Britany Spears in concert, saw the hotels and couldn't wait to get home!  I really have no desire to go there, and the more I watch my kids play, listen to the quietness I am reminded why we moved here.  I love the quiet life.  Sometimes it is easy to loose sight of this when the kids are loud and fighting, I am so busy I can't sit down and life just seems to go on without me.  I need to take more time each day to reflect, rest.  Well, that is all the time I get for today, life is calling me back, the kids are back in and bored and grumpy and Jude is waking up.  Till tomorrow.  

1 comment:

  1. We both seem to have the quiet & restful God given gene/gift. Nourish it...

    ReplyDelete